I was absolutely amazed when Dallas of Crazytraintotinkertown put a cryptic “Gotcha” in the comments of one of my posts plus a blog address. They say “curiosity killed the cat” but I still had to go look-see what she was on about. Now Dallas is one seriously good blog writer, she just has that mixture of humour and story telling that keeps you going back for more. Her posts are addictive. Her life over this past year has had so many twists and turns. Go and read some of her past adventures in Turkey, her stories of the honeymoon in Turkey are hilarious, and then you will want to keep following her and going back for more…
When I clicked on the link this is what I found…. Dallas had nominated me for this impressive award.
As bloggers we all squirrel away in our small corner of the blogosphere, putting down words and photos, filling our posts with what is our personal interest. When that post receives accolades in the form of likes, comments and awards it is deeply satisfying. So thank you Dallas for the recognition.
Awards are not a free ride we can sit back and wallow in, they come with attachments and conditions, these are…
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook page – click the link here ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
These are blogs I follow
- First I am going to link back to crazytraintotinkytown check her out you will love her
- Now in no particular order the following blogs are ones that I really look forward to seeing pop up in my reader…
- Ailsa with “where’s my backpack?” She writes terrific road and travel stories with a great depth of feeling, she also runs a weekly travel theme challenge which I look forward to each Friday.
- Next is the saga of Belle Grove plantation the story of a couples dedication and drive to transform a heritage home that was the home of an early USA president into a bed and breakfast retreat. In the face of many obstacles they are pursuing their dream and researching history and taking us with them on this journey.
- Lisa at Zeebra designs is a very artistic lady, she shares her art work with us and her photos constantly receive awards. I loved a recent post where she and friends transformed a plain window shutter in to a work of art and documented the transformation.
- Jo at chronicles of illusions is at times quite controversial she tackles interesting subjects and really gets you thinking, she is a great advocate against animal cruelty and is involved with the writing challenge NaNoWriMo but still keeps the daily post coming.
- Dianne Gray is an author with a number of books under her belt so when you go to her site you can always be guaranteed an interesting read, her topics are varied but always well written and it is like settling down with a story-teller.
Oh there are so very many blogs I read and enjoy, the list could go on and on. To all the others I follow and regularly comment on I wish I had the time to mention you all. I’m sure you are all like me and totally addicted to this thing called blogging and you are all stars. So let’s all carry on blogging and enjoying each others posts…