As we travel around I would like to be able to put a map of the area we are in. So I went to the WordPress support area to see if it could be done and found the answer was “yes”
So this is a map of the first leg of our trip.. It will be March 4th before we leave but I am getting excited about the thought of going as it is now getting so close.
We have not made any plans as to where we will go after Stanthorpe, and this will be a first for me, as usually, when I travel, I like to plan things almost to the second and have an itinerary worked out months in advance. This time it will be a very broad plan of which direction we will head and leave the details to chance…
How to insert Google maps
- You can easily embed Google Maps into your WordPress.com blog.
1) Visit Google Maps.
2) Type in any street address or geographic location and click Search Maps.
3) Once your map is fully loaded, click on the Link option found on the top right of the map area.
4) A popup will appear, as illustrated below.
5) Place your mouse cursor in the text box titled Paste HTML to embed in website. The code will begin with
<iframe. Copy the code.
6) In your WordPress.com dashboard, go to Posts->Add New or Pages->Add New (or open an existing post/page in editing mode). Paste the code directly into your visual editor.
7) Click Save Draft, Update, or Publish depending on the status of your post or page. You will notice that the code has changed. WordPress has converted the HTML code into the working shortcode.